The Katie H is a custom built 46' Hatteras by Slane Marine. She has two 735 h.p. Detroit Diesels and cruises at 26 knots to get you to the fishing grounds quickly.
Katie H is an open express style boat, so everyone can be outside and in the action. If you prefer, you can stay in the heated or air-conditioned cabin.
On Board Electronics
- We use Penn and Shimano reels combined with Star and G-loomis rods
- Shimano Reels include Calcutta, Baitrunner and Tiagra series
- Penn Reels include 30tw, 50tw, 80tw and 130
- 2 standard horizon VHF radios and a SSB Radio
- Furuno fishfinder and Furuno 36 mile radar
- Northstar GPS and Northstar loran
- Robertson Auto Pilot
Katie H Amenities
- Avon 8 man off-shore raft
- ACR 406mhz EPIRB
- Numerous Off-shore life vests
She comes equipped with a TV, DVD, VCR and stereo. There are 2 staterooms and a large bathroom with shower facility. Amenities include a large galley with refrigerator, freezer, microwave and stove. There are 3 air conditioner/heater units and a washer/dryer. In the cockpit, the fishbox has ice supplied by a commercial ice machine to make sure your catch is nice and cold.
Capt. Mike Schneider has been fishing for 25 years from Sandy hook to Hatteras, North Carolina, and holds a Master 100 ton coast guard license.
Capt. Mike loves to sport fish and will work hard to put together a good catch for his charter.